From the invention of its first kind in the 1700s, cars have definitely travelled a long way. Through the course of history and technology, it has undergone major development and improvements; from its bulkier look in the past, it has transformed itself into a slicker and a more modern look, thanks to the constant invention, reinvention and innovation of car manufacturers in the world.
In the helm of modern technology, manufacturers have now produced cars that have speed that would blow up speedometers. Unimaginably fast and extraordinarily furious, these cars have made it to the list of the ten fastest cars in the world today.
10. Lamborghini Aventador (217 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.9 secs)
9. Noble M600 (223 miles per hour, 0-60 in 3.7 secs)
8. Gumpert Apollo (224 miles per hour, 0-60 in 3.0 secs)
7. McLaren F1 ( 240 miles per hour, 0-60 in 3.2 secs)
6. Koenigsegg CCX (245 miles per hour, 0-60 in 3.2 secs)
|Copyright by Ed Callow|
5. Saleen S7 Twin-Turbo (248 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.8 secs)
4. SSC Ultimate Aero (257 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.7 secs)
3. Koenigsegg Agera R (260 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.9 secs)
2. Hennessey Venom GT (260 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.5 secs)
1. Bugatti Veyron Super Sport ( 267 miles per hour, 0-60 in 2.4 secs)